Seasonal distribution and biochemical composition of Barbus sp. in Çiftekavak Stream, Rize-Turkey
Baris Karsli, Emre Caglak, Vildan Karsli, Leyla Turan, Hava Akarsu
Seasonal variations in the biochemical composition of Barbus sp. sampled from Rize Çiftekavak Stream have been investigated between 2013 and 2014. The average total length and weight was recorded as 19.93±12.47 cm and 37.26±16.47 g, respectively for the fish sampled seasonally. Min-max crude fat, crude protein, crude ash, dry matter, pH, water activity (aw) and color values were recorded as 1.17-2.72%, 15.54-18.35%, 1.37-1.60%, 19.00-22.26%, 6.39-6.58, 0.9927-0.9962, and L* (28.85-33.70), a* (4.10-6.58), b* (5.5-8.3), respectively. For the evaluations performed in the present study, the differences in terms of the analysis showed significances (P < 0.05).
- Berik, N. and D. Kahraman. 2010. Determination of sensory and nutrient composition at mullet fish sausage. Kafkas Universitesi Veteriner Fakultesi Dergisi, 16:59-63.
- Curran, C.A., Nicoladies, L., Poulter, R.G. and J. Pors. 1980. Spoilage of fish from Hong Kong at different storage temperatures. Tropical Science, 22:367-382.
- Çelik, C., Özdemir, Y., Aşan, T. and B. Patır. 1990. Proximate analysis, microbiological quality and meat yield of Barbus capito pectoralis Caught in Keban Dam Lake. Ege University Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 7:156-157.
- Duman, D. and M. Duman. 1996. Meat yield and nutritional value of Capoeta trutta Heckel, 1843 and Barbus rajanorum mystaceus Heckel, 1843 caught from Keban Dam Lake. Ege University Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 13:83- 88.
- Karaton, N. and G.A. İnanlı. 2011. The Effect of seasonal change on the meat yield and proximate composition of chub (Squalius cephalus). Fırat University Journal of Science, 2:63-69.
- Norwitz, W. 1970. Drained weight determination of frozen glazed fish and other marine products. Method of Analysis of the AOAC, 339s.
- Patır, B. and M. Duman. 2006. Determination of Physicochemical and Microbiological Changes in Smoked Mirror Carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) Fillets During Storage. Science and Engineering Journal of Fırat University, 18:189-195.
- Samsun, S., Erdem, E.M. and N. Samsun. 2006. The determination of meat yield and chemical composition of whiting (Gadus merlangus euxinus Nordmann, 1840). Science and Engineering Journal of Fırat University, 18:165-170.
- Sümbüloğlu, K. and V. Sümbüloğlu. 2000. Biyoistatistik, Hatiboğlu Yayınları: 53,9. press., Ankara, 269 s.
- Şimşek, A. 2011. Ready to eat fish döner production; investigation of chemical, microbiological and sensory properties. MSc. Süleyman Demirel University Fen Bilimleri Enstitüsü, Isparta, Turkey.
- Turan, C., Karcioğlu, M., Hazar, D. and S. Sevenler. 2005. Cytogenetic analysis of Barbus (Cyprinidae) species from Asi River (Hatay). Turkish Journal of Aquatic Life, 4:579- 584.
- Yılmaz, H., Aras, N.M., Yilmaz, M. and H.İ. Haliloğlu. 2002. An Investigation on The surumi production from processing of (Leuciscus cephalus) fish species. Atatürk Üniversitesi Ziraat Fakültesi Dergisi, 33:429-433.
- Zencir, Ö. and Ş.A. Korkmaz. 2004. Beyşehir gölü kadife balıklarının (Tinca tinca l., 1758) et verimi ve vücut kompozisyonu. Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 10:474-480.