Manuscripts must be submitted to the journal in electronic version only via online submission system at http://dergipark.gov.tr/masteb.
Types of Paper
Original research papers; review articles; short communications; letters to the Editor; book reviews.
- Original research papers; original full-length research papers which have not been published previously and should not exceed 7500 words or 25 manuscript pages (including tables and illustrations)
- Review articles; on topical subjects and up to 10,000 words or 25 manuscript pages (including tables and figures)
- Short communications; describing work that may be of a preliminary nature (preferably no more than 3000 or 10 manuscript pages including tables and figures).
- Letters to the Editor; should be included on matters of topical interest and not exceeding 2000 words or 10 manuscript pages including tables and figures)
- Book reviews are also published.
This journal has no page charges.
Preparation of Manuscripts
Papers must be written in English. Prepare your text using a word-processing software and save in “.doc” or “.docx” formats. Manuscripts must be structured in the following order;
- Title page
- Author names and affiliations
- Corresponding author’s e-mail, Telephone, Fax
- Main text
- Material and Methods
- Acknowledgement (if required)
- Table(s) with caption(s) (on individual pages)
- Figure(s) with caption(s) (on individual pages)
- And appendices (if any).
Use a 12-point font (Times Roman preferred), including the references, table headings and figure captions, double-spaced and with 25 mm margins on one side of A4 size paper throughout the manuscript. Use 25 mm margins on all sides. The text should be in single-column format and the as simple as possible and double-spaced with wide margins on one side of white paper. In particular, do not use to hyphenate words. The names of genera and species should be given in italics and, when first mentioned in the text, should be followed by the authority. Authors should consult a recent issue of the journal for style if possible.
The title page should be included;
- Concise and informative. Avoid abbreviations and formulae
- The first name(s) and surname(s) of the author(s) (The corresponding author should be identified with an asterisk and footnote. All other footnotes (Author(s) affiliation address(es)) should be identified with superscript Arabic numbers)
- Author(s) affiliation address(es) (followed by department, institution, city with postcode, and country) of the each author(s))
- Abstract (should not exceed 250 words. References and abbreviations should be avoided)
- Keywords (provide a maximum of 6 keywords)
- The e-mail address, phone number, fax number of the corresponding author
- Articles must be structured in the conventional format such as Introduction, Methods, Results,
- Discussion , Acknowledgments, and References.
- Each page must be numbered, and lines must be consecutively numbered from the start to the end of the manuscript.
- Do not justify on the right-hand margin.
- The first line of each paragraph must be indent. Do not put a blank line between paragraphs.
- The first mention in the text of any taxon must be followed by its authority including the year.
- Use italics for emphasis.
- Use only SI (international system) units.
Keep these to the absolute minimum and placed before the reference section.
Citation in text;
Please ensure that each reference cited in the text is also present in the reference list. Cite literature in the text in chronological, followed by alphabetical order like these examples “(Roelke and Buyukates 2001; Hisar et al. 2012)”. If the cited reference is the subject of a sentence, only the date should be given in parentheses. Formatted like this examples: “Ates (2007)”.
- Single author: the author’s name and the year of publication;
- Two authors: both authors’ names and the year of publication;
- Three or more authors: first author’s name followed by ‘et al. and the year of publication (all authors are to be listed at first citation)
Citation in the reference list;
References should be listed first alphabetically and then further sorted chronologically at the end of the article. More than one reference from the same author(s) in the same year must be identified by the letters a, b, c, etc. placed after the year of publication.
The citation of articles, books, multi-author books and articles published online should conform to the following examples:
Yıldız, H. and S. Berber. 2010. Depth and seasonal effects on the settlement density of Mytilus golloprovincialis L. 1819 in the Dardanelles. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances. 9: 756-759.
Buyukates, Y., and D. L., Roelke. 2005. Influence of pulsed inflows and nutrient loading on zooplankton and phytoplankton community structure and biomass in microcosm experiments using estuarine assemblages. Hydrobiologia. 548: 233·249.
Hisar, Ş., Hisar, O., and T. Yanık. 2003. Practical trout farming. Agriculture Faculty Publishings.
Langston, W. J. 1990. Toxic effects of metals and the incidence of marine ecosystems, p. 102-l22. In: R.W. Furness and P.S. [eds.], Rainbow heavy metals in the marine environment CRC Pres,. New York. 256.
Ozen, O. 2002. Largemouth bass population characteristics in Lucchetti Reservoir, Puerto Rico. Ph.D. thesis. North Carolina State University.
Tables, numbered in Arabic, should be on separate pages with a short descriptive title at the top. Place footnotes to tables below the table body and indicate them with superscript lowercase letters (or asterisks for significance values and other statistical data). Avoid vertical rules. The data presented in tables do not duplicate results described elsewhere in the article.
All illustrations should be labeled ‘Figure’ and numbered in consecutive Arabic numbers, Figure 1, Figure 2 etc. m the text. If panels of a figure are labeled (a , b, etc.) use the same case when referring to these panels in the text. Drawings reproduced with a high quality laser printer are preferred. Photographs, 1f used, should be of good contrast and printed on glossy paper. Figures, which are recommended for electronic formats such as PNG, JPEG. TIFF (min. 300 dpi) should be also arranged m available dimensions. All figures or tables should be presented in the body of the text. Use the Times New Roman font for all figures and tables. Font sizes size should be from 9 to 11 points.